Thanks to the generous donation of over 200 people, we’ve exceeded our $15,000 goal on GoFundMe! At MIT, we’ll be shining a spotlight on our innovative contribution to helping the homeless population of Los Angeles. The girls will get the once in a lifetime opportunity to show how their innovative use of technology and engineering can make an impact on the homeless population.
The team and their invention has been featured by various media outlets! Please check out the stories written about our team below:
- Check out the radio interview with Ryan Seacrest on KIIS FM!
- This Babble article goes into detail about the invention!
- La Opinion published an article in Spanish about the team!
- CBS LA came by our worksite to interview the team!
- The Huffington Post also ran a piece about the team and the invention!
This media attention sheds a light on the homelessness issue in Los Angeles, particularly in the San Fernando Valley. This also brings attention to the need to have programs like DIY Girls that encourage young people to come up with solutions to problems they see in their community.